|Purchase at Future Horizons|
Winner is peridot8003!
- Your mental attitude and the importance of taking care of yourself
- Making time for your marriage
- How to help your child with their sensory issues in their room. (Types of sheets to buy, clothing, how to adjust their surroundings for comfort).
- Behavior and Communication
- Diets that may help and how to learn what foods possibly might affect them negatively. How to find out yourself.
- Hygiene (I loved how it suggested to relax about toilet training. Chaz did not learn till he was over 4 years old how to potty in the toilet).
- Tips for keeping your possessions clean and protected
- Tips on teaching manners
- Protecting your "escape artist". (I still remember when Chaz escaped when he was two. He was furiously peddling on his tricycle to 'grandma's house' which was about a mile away. I was scared out of my mind)
- Social outings and interacting with their peers. What places help teach typical play with their peers.
- Tips for eating out with your ASD child
Kathy continues to work on additional books in The Child with Autism series, including The Child with Autism Learns about Faith (2011), The Child with Autism Goes to Florida (2011), and The Child with Autism Learns MORE about Faith (in progress).
LaNita Miller is the author of beginning textbooks, and received her bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education with a minor in Early Childhood Education from Austin Peay State University, and her master’s degree in Special Education from George Peabody College, which is part of Vanderbilt University. She is currently completing her certification in behavioral analysis. She has over twenty years’ experience in the special education classroom.