*Encouragement is the best medicine to give someone. If I were to pick any gift to have in helping others, that would be the one*

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Aspergers Symptoms in Infants, Toddlers, and Older Children

Chaz in blue shirt
Looking back I now see the signs that Chaz had Aspergers.  However,  since he was my first I didn't really see it till I had 2 more sons.  Seeing the difference in behavior made me start to wonder.  Once he started Kindergarten, it was blaringly obvious.  Except for the fact that I never heard of Aspergers.  I knew something was up and that he had ADHD.  It was a school counselor that hesitantly brought it to my attention.  Thank God he put down his worries of offending me and gave me a paper on the signs of Aspergers.  He said it with a kind heart and didn't shove it on me.  


At the time, I was desperate and looking for answers.  Why couldn't my son be like the other kids and sit in his chair?  Why did he roll all over the floor, under the desks, bite his teacher, kick another, and then have to run straight into a door and split his head completely open?  Why was my son kicked out after 2 days of Kindergarten?  Was he that bad?  Was I that bad of a mom?  I should have seen it coming.  The first day I proudly walked into Kindergarten and sat him down, I looked around the classroom.  White walls, round tables.  Ha.  Chaz wasn't gonna stay in this chair.  He looked at me frightened.  I thought, "There is nooo way he's gonna just sit in that chair."  4 schools later, we finally found a teacher that could work with him.  Said she completely understood him and did whatever it took to make school work for him.  She is my angel and if I only knew where she was I would send her flowers, gift cards, presents, give her a hug, send her family Christmas cards.  She is the one that taught me it was okay to ask for what we needed.  It's okay to expect the school to work with Chaz and learn what works.  


Thank you, Ms. Phillips.  Wherever you are, you are my angel.

*****************


An article I found:

Aspergers, considered to be a mild form of autism, consists of problems with socializing and communication with others. While the average age of diagnosis of Aspergers in kids is around age 7 to 9, recent research regarding early warnings signs may enable clinicians to diagnosis prior to 12 months.


Aspergers Symptoms in Infants—
Many infants and toddlers exhibit signs or symptoms of Aspergers from time to time; however, this may reflect normal youngster behavior. Failure to meet expected developmental milestones doesn’t necessarily reflect a symptom of Aspergers. With these facts in mind, symptoms of Aspergers may be detected in infancy

Want to read about signs in infants, Toddlers, and older children?  Since I did not write this article, I'd rather refer you to site.  Really good information!

Click here: Aspergers Symptoms in Infants, Toddlers, and Older Children


Pssst, I'm in need of votes.  just by clicking on button you are voting! :D

2 comments:

Parag said...

Aspergers syndrome has a variety of symptoms, so it’s not permanently simple to make out a outcome and you have to have a name habitual with this condition look at them to be sure.
Aspergers symptoms

vance said...

Perhaps one of the most important kinds of treatment for kids diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, a form of high functioning autism, is sensory integration therapy. What is sensory integration therapy? Well, kids with autism have a lot of sensory processing issues. This means that every kind of stimuli seems too extreme for them. While most people have some kind of filtering system, kids and adults with Asperger's syndrome have a very hard time filtering out extraneous sensory information.
aspergers treatment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...