*Encouragement is the best medicine to give someone. If I were to pick any gift to have in helping others, that would be the one*

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Daughter Getting Tested for SPD

Pelter Kid Earmuffs
I had a meeting at my kid's school for Chaz and Ivy.  Chaz has been having a hard time with staying out of kids faces and keeping his hands to himself.  He really has a hard time focusing sometimes.

((The shocker for me))

Ivy is struggling immensely at school. NEVER once have they mentioned this to me earlier.  The reason she's struggling?  She is overwhelmed and can't handle loud noises. She can't concentrate.  She is quite emotional throughout the day.  Especially on the bus ride to and from school.  She cries the whole way because it is too loud.  She has trouble sleeping at night and it affects her during the day because she's not getting enough rest.

Soon, I will be getting Ivy tested for SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder). This is completely new to me.  I had no idea until yesterday.  I mean, I SHOULD have noticed now that I look back on it.

Yesterday when I was at my boys basketball game. People around me were shouting, stomping their feet, chanting.  I felt like the room was squeezing in on me and I had to put my hands over my ears. I've injured myself before trying to escape out of loud places.  It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes I just can't handle it.  I do have ADHD and SPD can sometimes come with it.

My heart is a little heavy right now knowing this new information about Ivy.  The best thing I can do for her and Chaz right now is buy these earmuffs.  When I get them in and they've used them for a little bit, I will let you know and blog about it here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...