How to Help Your Autistic/Asperger's Child Sleep
Sleep Habits are Important for All Children and ASD Children are no Different
- Provide a comfortable place to sleep.
- Have a regular bedtime schedule.
- Have regular bedtime rituals and routines.
- Teach children to sleep by themselves.
- Avoid naps for older children who do not need them.
- Exercise during the day.
- I wanted to add a couple because they have helped my son and they are not listed here. I have used those ear muffs I've previously talked about. Chaz loves to wear them when he needs complete silence.
- Or soothing sounds like the ocean from a CD player.
- Reading books does not work to help him relax because it keeps his mind active and he can't relax. He'll read all night!