*Encouragement is the best medicine to give someone. If I were to pick any gift to have in helping others, that would be the one*

Friday, August 5, 2011

Trying to Find Cause of Pain

Chaz is still having pain in his abdomen after his surgery so we are back again for an ultrasound.  Its been hard for him because the pain is so random.  Oddly, the doctor mentioned that his pain is pretty common for kids with Aspergers.  He gets a lot of Aspergers kids in his office.  He said he would give Chaz some medicine for him but the side effect is a possible stroke.  Eek!  I said no thank you.  However, he is still unsure because of the type of pain.  Have any of your children experienced this?



3 comments:

Rebecca said...

My son is 12 he has aspergers and tourettes. He also has abdominal pain. I was also told this is a common issue with children with aspergers. It comes and goes sometimes he complains sometimes he doesn't. Not to be gross but I find him to have more constipation issues than my other child who doesn't have aspergers.

Virginia Revoir said...

Hmmm... well, I didn't say it in the post but his pain is actually in his private area. They gave him an ultrasound, made the hole wider where he urinates and everything. Still did not solve the problem. So we are having to look elsewhere for answers.

Rebecca said...

My son has pain there too, might not be the same pain though but I do know from time to time he complains about it hurting there. I always think UTI or bladder infection but by the time he gets a doctors appointment and goes in it has passed. He also had surgery on his privates when he was about a year old. He had something called Hypospadious where the urethra was entirely in the wrong spot. They basically had to move the opening and readjust the insides.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...